Privacy and Confidentiality
Sipe’s Orchard Home does not routinely share private or personal information about clients, staff, or donors. Identifiable private information (such as medical reports, employment records, treatment notes, applications, donation histories, etc.) is stored securely, is seen and accessed only by staff members whose job descriptions require it, and is only released in the event of an emergency, court order, or signed request/release by the individual involved.
When information is used publicly it is done so without any identifying personal information or as aggregate statistics.
- Published narratives describing clients must be made anonymous by changing names, non-relevant details, or by compiling data from two or more clients.
- Donor names are printed in the Sipe’s newsletters unless the donor requests anonymity; individual gift amounts are not published unless the donor requests otherwise.
- In matters involving a potential use of private information, signed releases are requested in advance.
The Sipe’s Orchard Home web site does not gather information about visitors to that site except what is asked for in optional online forms (such as registration for summer camp). That information is only used for its expressed purpose and potentially for future mailings from Sipe’s.
Sipe’s does not share or sell its mailing lists.
All donor information is confidential and will be publicized only to the extent the donor wishes. Access to donor information will be controlled; paper records will remain in locked offices or storage areas, and electronic records will be password protected.
- Donor records will be kept confidential and will be accessible via keys or passwords only by staff members whose job descriptions require such access.
- Donors’ names will be listed in the Sipe’s newsletter; gift amounts will not be listed.
- Donors who have requested to be anonymous will be recorded as such in the donor software and their names will not be publicized in any way other than a personal thank you letter.
- Sipe’s Orchard Home does not sell or share its mailing lists.